To make it fair for all patients. It’s not a case of the receptionists being nosey!
The reception staff are members of the practice team and it has been agreed they should ask patients “why they need to be seen”.
Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions in order to ensure that you receive:
- The most appropriate medical care,
- From the most appropriate health care professional,
- At the most appropriate time.
Receptionists are asked to collect brief information from patients:
- To help doctors prioritise house visits and phone calls
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care
- To direct patients to see the nurse or other health professional rather than a doctor where appropriate.
Not every issue needs to be seen by a GP. You will be signposted to the most appropriate clinican / service for each problem. The most serious conditions will be treated by a GP. Please help us to help you, by following our triage system to make it fair for all patients.
Reception staff, like all members of the team, are bound by confidentiality rules
- Any information given by you is treated strictly confidentially.
- The practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with accordingly.
- You can ask to speak to a receptionist in private away from reception.
- However if you feel an issue is very private and do not wish to say what this is then this will be respected
Thank you for your support